Marmaro is the haven of Ano Kardamyla. It was named after the white marble quarries of the area and it is a well developed village with neoclassical buildings and mansions. The windmills at the harbor entrance, the statue of Sailor Kardamyliti set in the harbour square and the statue of Kardamylitissa awaiting the return of the beloved are distinguishing marks of Marmaro. The church of St. Loukas built in 1600 stands in the square and the nautical relics exhibition is displayed at the Town Hall. During the summer months various cultural events are organised.
made with in Chios