Agios Georgios Sykousis is a large village amhitheatrically built founded in 1518. The village has a lot of springs and its residents are engaged in the production of mastiha, husbandry and agriculture. The churches of the village are numerous and among them stands the main church of St. George. This is a Byzantine church of the 11th-12th century, an identical replica of Nea Moni. The local feast is on July 20th, July 27th and August 27th.
made with in Chios